Sunday, March 6, 2011

Side Effects of being the early guy include....

So, its 715 in the morning and all the world is still sleeping on this snowy sunday. Oh, not me my two readers. I've been up for twenty minutes trying desperately to get back to sleep. Alas, that is not gonna happen. So out of courtesy to the rest of the world I decided to silently internet a bit as opposed to what I really wanted to do, which is vogue to Lady Gaga's "Born This Way". Oh shit, did I say that out loud, I meant blast early Metalica and wear black shirts... Oh shits...
Well, we had a team meeting Friday and all went well, except for Captain Whore-Hay's terrible haircut. He looks like a guy in a Japanese Beatles tribute band. Jerseys were approved and hopefully will be up and available to smash your faces with soon, prospective team members discussed, and of course, pizza eaten. It had been a bit since we had all gotten together and we hope to have team pics and bios up soon. Standard issue info, height, weight, turn ons, turn offs, favorite movies and of course the most important stat of all, dumbest drunk ebay purchase of all time.
It snowed again yesterday, much to my annoyance. I'm hoping it cuts this shit out soon I want to get out there and ride my real bike and not worry about kicking up shit from the road. Winter just won't get the hint that its not working out for us and move the hell on so if you guys and gals see winter about tell her to move on to somewhere else, I need my space. Not Myspace, nobody goes there anymore. Or Friendster.
We here at scum city also are equal opportunity life destroyers. So, if you're a lady and you read this blog, that's a huge if. I don't think I have much in the way of female readership, let alone, readership at all. But if you're a lady and want to take up bike racing hit us up, as it stands we have no ladies on the team so if you're currently a free agent and want to race on the only team where Four Loko is a recovery drink, leave a comment, or talk to one of us. I assure you we don't bite. Unless you're comprised strangely of Seitan, then you're on you're own. Will gets hungry sometimes. So, if you're a lady and not the product of some mad scientist splicing of human and wheat protein we'd love to have you on board. I mean this love boat needs a Julie the Cruise director, right?
In lighter news, This blog would have taken about 4 minutes to write had a cat, meow, not flushing the toilet been begging for attention. Which is roughly 10 percent annoying and 7000 percent adorable. But that goes without saying.
Now onto important shizzle. Apparently cross is going to be all the rage next year, as I just bopped over to velonews, despite the worst web design ever I read shimano is doing some cross specific groupse next year to compete with Sram. Eh, my race rig won't change much, might toss a Crabon Fibre fork on and change the one gear I have to a much much lower one. Outside of that, I still intend to race and fail singlespeed next season. I think Sram is gonna be the go to for cross due to the fact the replacement parts are relatively cheap, although all bike component pricing is a complete shit show. You have to buy a 1500 dollar bike anymore to get anything even half decent. Dear bike companies, make this bike, 105 group, average frame, average wheels for 1000 dollars. I don't think that's impossible. Hell, you might get even more people to ride road bikes instead of buying hybrids. But, thats just me in my sunday morning soap box space, sorry guys.
Well, its time to make this sunday full of winning. And Tiger Blood.

Take care all, and don't do anything charlie sheen wouldnt do.

No comments:

Post a Comment