Saturday, June 4, 2011

8:10 Saturday Morning

And here I sit, America's least read blogger trying to come up with something snippy to say. Sadly I'm all out of snark today, but filled with a dread for cross season. I know I'm not preparing well enough, I've barely gotten out on my bike to get in any base miles so I'm considering doing something stupid, and senseless.

Skipping road riding all together.

My cross rig is currently angry at me, and with the team shop opening next week I hope to get with the guys and get me the parts I need. I'm considering just going off in the woods instead of riding roads this year. I don't know if its going to help but frankly it's worth a shot, I mean what's the worst that can happen. I suck more than I did last year. I think starting soon I'll just ramp up the running and see what happens. I think between running and trails I can whip myself into some sort of shape. That shape might be round, but it'll be a shape.
Outside of that all seems well, I'm still plugging away at the job and enjoying not getting rained on. We went five days without rain/snow. Apparently that hadn't happened since November 2010. Hilarious I know, right? Gore-tex socks were a smart get for this year. Next year I'm getting a new shell. Mine is totally shot.
Worried about my gear ratio for next year. Maybe found a winner, maybe not. who knows! Eh, I can't wait to get dirty again.

Mahallo

No comments:

Post a Comment