Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stupor Bowl?

This is the first year in forever I haven't given a tenth of a rats ass about the superbowl. Most of my sundays were more importantly spent, generally failing at cross, and hanging out with my now teammates at Scum City. As I write this blog, the game is on and I'm seriously considering changing to damn near anything else. Even Syfy Channel bad, Dinocroc Vs. Megashark bad.
Onto what I was going to really write about, and that my friends is the wondrous fabric known as Smartwool. If you aren't wrapping your ass head to toe in this stuff, the awesome boat left, and sadly you weren't on it. I have been buying this stuff for about a year-ish. Not a single garment has let me down. I once wore my first next to skin shirt(which had to get retired after many many washes) for two solid weeks as a working bike messenger and if I hung it up at night it was just fine the next day. 120 hours of sweat and funk and it was no worse for the wear.
I tell people to buy this stuff every day, its by far and wide the best fabric I have ever worn. Expensive yes, but worth every damned cent. It is by far and wide the most functional fabric I have ever worn.
Also, as an aside, the term "functional" is the highest compliment I can give anything. It means you can kick its ass day in and day out and it will wake up with you and kick ass tomorrow. My "Functional" is the worlds "stellar". It might not be the most brandworthy stuff, but I assure you if I can't break it, no one can. I started the Case of Shame at my LBS, something I wear like a badge of honor to this day.
Well, I'm gonna get back to the important business at hand, that being this tall boy of PBR and some food, growing boy ya know. Stay safe out there, keep it rubber side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment