Friday, October 7, 2011

Scumbers.



I made this in about 4 minutes, so there's a lot wrong with the chart. For starters I need to find a way to account for weeks that people don't race. Currently I just use a 1 when either someone doesn't race or DNFs. I imagine next time I can just average the race before the "non-race' and the race afterword for a not accurate at all but pretty looking place. This kinda screws up the trend line, not kinda, majorly screws up the trend line. Also, the data is based on place ratio, so it assumes that you race the same race every week. After the season ends I can have enough info to weight each race by placing, and by distance, to hopefully make the chart more accurate. We'll see.

What can we see here? Well the goal is to get to 0. The closer you are to 1 the suckier you are doing. Will so far has the best trends for Scum City. Go Will.
-alex

No comments:

Post a Comment