Saturday, October 22, 2011

Touch the sky.... .

Standard day before race day rigamarole, stash the hookers body make cookies. Looking forward to getting out and actually racing tomorrow. I was actually bothered at the cancel of Cross My heart and Hope to Die. Strange as that is, the guy who comes in perpetual dead last was really stoked to go out and do exactly that. I'm hoping the team has another strong showing as the standings prove. I'm really proud of the guys, they're all doing great.

I on the other hand, oh well, I'm a cleveland sports fan there's always next year.

Good things on the horizon everybody keep checking in I intend to make a lot of announcements soon. Keep it rubber side down

Mahallo
Dave

Hold on, I'm not done. I needed to reference something that bothered the holy fuck out of me. If you haven't seen it, I'm talking about this bullshit right here. I'm worth so much more than 42 dollars. I'm a messenger, a friend, a boyfriend, a sibling, and if I'm lucky one day not a complete misanthrope.
This country is fucked if this trend continues. Cycling is good for cities, it forces residents to actually get to know their city. I hated Cleveland before The Beard got me back on a bike. Now I bleed Scum City's dirty water, it's desolation and decline. I'm part of my city because I don't view it from a seat with a rolled up window from the highway, rolled down just enough so you can have your cigarette and not pay attention. People like this driver are the ones who throw things at me and tell me to get off the road, pass me by less than a foot then slam on the brakes and laugh at me. What people don't know is that I'm part of this city, moving through it at the speed of commerce doing my best to serve my clients. I'm a proud working messenger, and a god damn good one if you ask me. I don't wear my politics on my bag like some, I don't kick out mirrors like others but keep this shit up and that's gonna make a comeback.
This kid killed a man, and got a 42 dollar ticket. I once got a 250 dollar ticket for rolling a red, have been harassed by countless security guards for locking up to a railing to make a delivery, yelled at by countless attorneys for their mistakes, and the whole time came back for more. Not once flinching, never giving in to the bullshit. I've bled in the street, and finished the day with a knee that looked like it was a watermelon. I've been unable to speak due to an infection in my lungs, had countless days where I couldn't lift my arm above my shoulder and never once quit, never called in and rarely deny a job.
Fuck you if you think I'm worth 42 dollars. Ask anyone in my life, any of my clients, any of my co-workers. How many of us have to die before you think it might not be so acceptable to end the life of another? How many ESPN reporters have to laugh at tour crashes before things change.

But I digress, as Lupe says "The Show goes On" I'm gonna keep on this grind, and if this trend continues, I might have to start listening to my inner Grames.

Keep it rubber side down out there, and I mean it
Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment