Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cross end, Peanuts and Water(not punch and pie)

First season of scum city cross in the can. Thank you to all the teammates who came out every week, and made this season my best season of racing, not by placement or ranking. I've had more fun this year then I've had in forever. I have in my head a "roast" post but frankly that'll have to wait a bit. Captain George got third in the B series, which is awesome. Alex, who sorely doesn't write enough blog posts as his are better then mine by far, was awesome in the single speed division. Will was sorely missed during his current jaunt to Chicago but  we all know he's doing his thing out there. Russel was awesome this year, and a complete joy to hang out with, and is a fantastic racer.
(J. Karp Joke)
I got nothing about Jay, I've worked with him for half a forever, one of the nicest guys on the planet. Thanks for  hanging tight with us and I can't wait to see you on the road soon.

I flat out sucked this year. Got my ass handed to me every single time I raced. I'm not blogging for sympathy trust me, I'm just letting you know how deep that rabbit hole got. On a personal note, I was happy to see the food truck/neocx connection finally happen. Cross races in my mind always needed a food truck, just locally never happened and I was stoked to see it work out.

Next year is looking fun for us, we officially signed our first Master, that's this guys Elvis Aaron Presley. He apparently is walking away from a retired music career to race bikes. He's a bit older, but he's got some sweet moves, and he impressed me with his barbecue sauce. Absolutely bold flavors going on in that sauce.

Also, thanks for NEOCX for putting on a great series and we look forward to next year. If you need a Minister of Ruckus, I know a few guys.

Mahallo
Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment