Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Turkey Day!

It's 655, and America's least read blogger is already up, but that's no biggie really I write half these silly blog post first thing in the morning anyhow. In lighter news I blew up the cleat on my very very new bebop pedals in about six weeks. Needless to say I'll be hoping for a warranty and until then street shoes it is again. I met my winter nemesis already, and its only been raining a lot. That my friends is this fucking pot hole.
Seriously

The rain was coming down pretty hard on Wednesday and this thing was filled with water, naturally that makes it pretty hard to see and impossible to guage it's depth. I was riding along after picking up my 2 oclock daily and all I feel is 

Drop
Front wheel turns a little
Air, sweet air
Crunch of my helmet hitting the deck

Landed really hard on my left shoulder and head, I get up and am in utter shock. I drag the bike over to the sidewalk and find my lock. Apparently it flew out of my pocket and nailed a passing pedestrian right in the chest. Turned up to be a really nice guy who worked for Sherwin Williams and he was more concerned for me then himself. I took thirty seconds off and watched a homeless guy take a whole bottle of wine to the face in two gulps. I wasn't even upset I was flat out jealous, not gonna lie.I get back on the bike and everything is just riding bad, legs aren't responding right, core hurts like hell. I finish up my daily runs and call it. No reason to work under those conditions. I heavily consider not coming in the next day.

I came in the next day. I don't know why I did, but that's what my dumb ass did. Aside from nasty soreness I was largely no worse for the wear. Until the adrenaline of the day wore off about 8 or 9 pm. Then I was on  a bullet train to "HOLY SHIT THIS HURTS" burgh. I guess I'll have to just watch myself for a week or so in theory I should be off the mend.

The moral of the story you want to know? Take some fucking pride in your streets. Especially main ones, and if your city doesn't bother much like mine ride in the left lane. No one will notice since seemingly only cars can ride in the curb lane as is. Why is that? Can absolutely anyone offer me an answer to that, I'm not angry about it just royally confused. 

Well, enjoy your turkey day all, eat a bunch for Will, because he's Vegan. I'll see you all downtown black Friday. I'll be the bored one doing nothing but coming in.

mahallo
dave

No comments:

Post a Comment